Monday, 15 July 2013

Sasha work in progress



Really had hoped to have Sasha's portrait completed but I really wasn't happy with how it was progressing in acrylics. So throwing all caution to the wind I've started over painting it in oils. You will be relieved to hear (no more moaning) I'm much happier with it now....smile!



Found these wee charmers while I was on my walk this morning. I laughed at the poor wee soul on the bottom photo, her earrings are just a little bit too big for her....

2 comments:

Karen M Schmidt said...

Beautiful painting of Sasha, Elizabeth! I love how it's going. I love that you start with the eye, that's where I always start ... gives the painting life right from the get-go! :)

Elizabeth McCrindle said...

Thanks Karen she was a much loved pony of a friend. More or less finished now just a few tweeks here and there to do....