Wednesday, 31 July 2013

Work and Play....

 
Tonto aka Silver By Nature enjoying his summer break...

 
Jack (Hurricane Jack) Tonto's full brother now retired from racing but busy having fun showjumping, dressage and showing. A great example of what a racehorse can do after racing...

 
Sonny, couldn't believe how he had filled out...

 
Sammy, have a real soft spot for him. Orphaned at eight weeks he's a credit to those who love  and care for him...

 
Newcomer the lovely Bella (Oh So Beautiful)



 
Bella and Charley her first foal by the Coolmore stallion Getaway...
 
 
On Monday I was delivering my paintings to the Aberfeldy Gallery for this weekends opening of a group exhibition I'm taking part in. I also had a wee gift for my friend Angie who looks after Geoff Brown's horses. The weather was less than perfect but it was nice to catch up with both two legged and four legged friends.
This morning I headed down to Troon to the Framework Gallery to pick up a painting that had been in getting framed and to leave another for framing. The cute one and I hit the beach on the way home....enjoyment and inspiration....smile!
 








6 comments:

Karen M Schmidt said...

I always enjoy your photos, Elizabeth (almost as much as the paintings!) I love the one of the beach with the little yellow blossoms in the foreground. Is that an island in the distance? And the pic of Buddy is adorable ... he sure doesn't seem to mind getting his feet wet! :)

Elizabeth McCrindle said...

So glad you enjoyed the photos Karen. Yep that is an island it's the Isle of Arran only accessed by ferry. I've painted it many times from this side of the sea but have never visited. Bit of a sook when it comes to boats. The yellow flowers are Ragwort pretty to look at but lethal to horses and sometimes cattle as they become toxic if digested. The local council should be clearing them before they start to seed. Buddy like any dog I've ever known loved the sea. That was only the second time he had been there and he started getting excited the minute he caught a whiff of the salt air lol

Gail H. Ragsdale said...

Lovely photos, absolutely love the first two sea ones. I can see you painting them now :)

Sara said...

The horses are so very gorgeous. Gentle, majestic creatures.

Love all of your photos. And what an adorable pup.

Elizabeth McCrindle said...

Thanks Gail there was so much inspiration my head was spinning :)

Elizabeth McCrindle said...

Glad you enjoyed them Sara. I've known this family group of horses for over eighteen years and have shared the good and sad times. They are each and everyone one of them precious :)