Saturday, 3 August 2013

A Helping Hand, the Italian Horse Protection Foundation.....

 
"Dougal"
Acrylic
17.5cms x 21cms approx.

Back in June, Susan Leyland a hugely talented sculptor friend put out a request on Facebook. Susan a fellow Scot now lives in Italy and she needed help to raise funds for the Italian Horse Protection Foundation. A plan had been hatched to call on artist's who depicted the horse in their art to donate a piece of work that could be auctioned. I happily put my hand up to contribute and next week this painting of Dougal will set off on it's way to Florence, Italy.
I think it apt, that a wee lad who got to live out his whole life being loved and cared for, should in some small way help horses and ponies less fortunate.
I understand that there will also be an exhibition (http://www.porcellinogallery.com)  featuring a selection of International Equine Artists which will also raise funds for the IHP running from October to November though I'm not sure at the moment of dates.

www.elizabethmccrindle.com

2 comments:

Gail H. Ragsdale said...

One of my favorite paintings of him (next to the one I have :) I miss your tales and paintings of him, he was such a character!

Hope it brings a lot of money for a good cause.

Elizabeth McCrindle said...

I love this one too Gail which is why I held onto it but seems a good time to let it go. I still miss them terribly and they way of life but time they say stops for no one!