Thursday, 22 August 2013

Day Off

 
 
Today after my morning walk I decided to take a day off. Well not really a day off, time is cracking on and the garden really needed some attention. We've had a really good summer but a lot of the plants are now over the top and needing to be cut back before things get too messy. It's getting a bit like this morning's country path above although not in such a large scale. I have to say there is nothing more enjoyable than spending time quietly snipping and weeding. Or the smell of fresh cut grass in August which has a musky damp perfume. I feel tired tonight but also strangely revived.....

2 comments:

Karen M Schmidt said...

Love this photo, Elizabeth ... maybe it's just me, but I think it's calling out to be made into a painting!
I know exactly what you mean about being tired in a good way. I love that feeling at the end of the day when I've been engaging in what we on this side of the pond call "yard work." I've been taking a bit of a break from painting, myself, but itching to get back to it soon! :)

Elizabeth McCrindle said...

Yep your right Karen it should be made into a painting. I've taken a few photos this last wee while and my head is in a burl which to tackle first...like you I've got an itch that needs scratching :D