Sunday, 3 November 2013

Third time lucky with a painting and time spent in the garden

 
"Touch of Autumn, Aberfeldy"
Acrylic 8"x8"
 
For the third and final time I've made some alterations 'again' to this wee landscape. One of my followers on FB suggested it needed a bit more. There was no middle ground and it needed a stronger foreground. So I've deepened the foreground and although I've left the colour values the same in the middle I decided to open up a little more space amongst the trees. I like it as it is now and don't want to change anymore.
Spent the rest of the day starting to put the garden to sleep. It's not too bad actually just needs a little tiding and a lot of bulb planting. I seem to have gone a little over exhuberant in the bulbs but hopefully they'll survive the harsh winter that has been forecasted.
One of my jobs today was to move the bird station back nearer the house, so I don't need to go far to put out feed for the birds. Actually I had been getting worried about my wee sparrows as they seemed to have been absent for a while. They must have been hanging back to get me to move the station. I moved it filled the dishes and hangers and they were covering it like locast before I got back in the house.....as you can see I also had a couple of unpaid labourers....smile!  





www.elizabethmccrindle.com

2 comments:

Gail H. Ragsdale said...

I really love how this turned out! Sometimes it is difficult to take that step to change a piece of work you had already considered done.

Elizabeth McCrindle said...

Thanks Gail, if I had a pound for the number of paintings I'd love to change I could retire lol