Thursday, 19 December 2013

Horoscopes

I'm not really one for horoscopes, I mean I can get through the day without having to read mine in a daily newspaper. But, my January edition of Woman and Home magazine horoscope section struck a cord......

"This is a new year you'll not easily forget. Some Arians will be celebrating an amazing offer: others will be preparing to leave behind an old way of life. Either way you're off to a great start."

Well I'm not sure what the amazing offer could be. But, in the last eleven years my way of life has changed so much that I sometimes look in the mirror and wonder who I am. So, maybe it is time to leave an old way of life behind and start to build a new one. I've given up the thought of owning another horse. Impossible both financially and through caring for my brother. I can though continue to enjoy them from an artist's perspective. Without a doubt the best and happiest move I've made this year was the arrival of my two dogs Buddy and Lily. Both have brightened the daily routine with their funny antics and unconditional love. I need animals in my life to be truly happy. And, the hunger to paint though still not as strong as it was IS coming back and that more than anything is something to strive for in the new year and beyond. Horoscopes are ok, for a bit of fun, or to make us think. But, we need to make our own future....smile!

 
"Tide's Out"
Acrylic 6"x6"
Sold recently through the Framework Gallery, Troon

www.elizabethmccrindle.com


No comments: