Thursday, 2 January 2014

Happy New Year

Well the christmas decorations are down and packed away. Was going to say for another year but the other year has already started and unless I'm quick in typing this, the first day will have been and gone. For the first time since I started blogging (this will be my fifth year....oops sixth, gosh time does fly) the posts have dropped in number, I'm short about 30 something posts than in previous years. Obviously spaced out throughout the year but that's a month's worth. If I'm honest what I did post didn't really amount too much either. I've read elsewhere that it seems to be an all over thing and some people have given up their blogs all together. I'm thinking that it has something to do with the popularity of Facebook Pages. Well much as I also enjoy sharing through my Facebook Page I'm really going to make a bigger effort to post on my blog this year. My blog isn't just for sharing, though I do love sharing with all of you who read it and I enjoy and find encouragement in the lovely comments you leave. It's for ME a diary of what I have or haven't accomplished during the year. I way of looking back and seeing how my work has improved or where it really needs too. It's also a way of sharing the good and the bad times and we all have our share of that.
So onwards and upwards I have blank canvasses to fill and lots of ideas in my head. Last year I was lucky to add The Framework Gallery back on my list of galleries who represent me. And, so far we've got off to a great start. Hopefully I'll add another gallery this year (maybe two), meanwhile I'd like to wish you all a very Happy and Healthy New Year, thanks for looking......

 
This wee sketch is the reason I was late posting, one of a few preparation studies I'll be doing for a painting of the Brown family. This is the lovely and much missed Tonto (Silver By Nature)......
  
"Hope smiles from the threshold of the year to come, whispering, "It will be happier" ~ Alfred Tennyson

www.elizabethmcrindle.com

6 comments:

Gail H. Ragsdale said...

Love the sketch of Tonto!

People who visit the blogs have decreased in the past year, but I like you have no intention of quitting my blog. I do have several regulars who do not facebook and that in itself is enough for me.

Have a happy new year!

Elizabeth McCrindle said...

Thanks Gail :)

Yes I had already noticed that but Katherine Tyrell made a comment on her blog earlier this week when she was looking for people to put forward art bloggers for her yearly awards. But I enjoy doing my blog and even if I might not blog as much as I did I'll try to post at least three times a week...

Elizabeth McCrindle said...

Oops spelt that should be Katherine Tyrrell :)

Karen M Schmidt said...

Happy New Year, Elizabeth! I for one am glad you've decided to keep on blogging. I have to limit my time on Facebook because it CAN be a real time waster! I found the perfect solution with http://www.networkedblogs.com; when I post on my blog it automatically gets posted to my Facebook Page, so I never have to actually post on Facebook except to add new pictures to my albums and answer comments. It's a great way to simplify things and still have a presence on Facebook. I much prefer reading an actual blog over going to Facebook!

Karen M Schmidt said...

By the way, BEAUTIFUL sketch! I can hardly wait to see the finished painting :)

Elizabeth McCrindle said...

Happy New Year back at you Karen hope you and your family had a lovely Christmas. Yep Facebook can fairly eat up your time if your not careful, so much good art to look at. I used to share my blog through network blog but something went pear shape and it stopped working properly...oh the joys of a technical world. Blogging I think has a more personal touch :)