Friday, 10 January 2014

Motivation....or lack off!

 
Well the beginning of 2014 hasn't quite started as I had hoped motivation being hard to come by from both the artist and the muses. I blame it on Christmas falling mid week, so confusing as every day feels like Friday. Off course that could just be an age thing with me...smile! Then Lily who should have had her wee operation has come into season....not an ideal situation believe me. Then there was the problem with my electricity meter it would appear it hasn't been working and no one i.e. me or Scottish Power knew until I recieved my yearly statement. Firstly, have you ever tried to get hold of an actual person these days when you phone your energy provider. I gave up after two days and just emailed the customer service. Since then what has followed is something akin to the joke about 'how many Irish men does it take to change a light bulb...three, one to put the bulb in and two to turn the chair around'. Customer services got back to me with an appointment for an engineer to come and check the meter. He arrived to check and confirm the meter wasn't working ( I mean I didn't already know that). Like me you probably thought well he'll fit a new one......no! He had to put in a report that it wasn't working and an appointment would be made for another engineer to come and put in a new one. He came last Friday and discovered he couldn't budge the main fuse and had to put in another report to his boss for another team to come out to put in a new main fuse and he would then come back and put a new meter in. They were coming on Wednesday in the morning...yep you guessed the engineer came to check that there was a problem and phoned for another lot to come and repair it. The other team arrived yesterday came in put in a new main fuse and left. Wonder how long I'll have to wait for the meter guy......sigh! KEEP SMILING!!
Hopefully next time you look in here will be some art to feast your eyes on.

4 comments:

Linda Shantz said...

Well, you're certainly having some fun! :-P Hope the silliness subsides soon! (Please forgive the alliteration!)

Gail H. Ragsdale said...

Me thinks Scottish Power is related to Volunteer Electric :)

It's amazing how many people you have to go through to get something done here and there.

Elizabeth McCrindle said...

Forgiven lol...can only get better Linda :)

Elizabeth McCrindle said...

It's unbelieveable Gail I suppose I should be grateful that we at least have power but I do hate when things are not working as they should....