Wednesday, 12 February 2014

It must be the weather.....

This has to be the longest run of no posts on my blog. Just can't seem to get myself motivated to find anything to write about. I think the constant pounding of rain and wind has seeped into my brain and turned it to mush. For once my wee part of the UK has missed the worse that nature can throw but, the sorrow I feel for those who are under water (some in Somerset for as long as the beginning of 2014) depresses me. I can't think how they are coping for watching it on TV moves me to tears.
But today I've given myself a wake up call to Spring Exhibitions that paintings need to be done for, so today I'll be cutting and gessoing boards so I can get started. But I'll also be sending postitive thoughts for an end to this disaster and some sunshine and hope to those who need it. Hoping your warm and dry as you read this.....



 
Lookout

 
New garden ornament

 
Buddy hasn't quite fathomed windows yet...lol

 
Lily loves the new sparred fencing......not sure my neighbours do lol

 
 

 
Bird feeders are always a treat....for me and the birds!

 
Buddy on guard...

 
......Lily thinks Sparrows are huge...lol
 
There's still something to smile about!

2 comments:

Linda Shantz said...

Glad you're not having to deal with flooding, Elizabeth, I can't imagine what it's like for those who are. Of course, if all our snow decided to melt at once here, we would be dealing with some ourselves! Looks like the weather on both sides of the pond has been less than conducive to painting....hang in there! Pics are great. :-)

Elizabeth McCrindle said...

Thanks Linda fortunately we sit a little higher so chance of it flooding is slimmer. Just feel so sad for everyone affected :(