Thursday, 13 March 2014

My get up and go...


.....would appear to have got up and went. Only five paintings completed and we are almost half way through March. I need to take drastic measures to get my concentration focused on what's important...producing the goods. I know the biggest culprit is time wasting on social media, namely Facebook. On the one hand everywhere you read tells you, you need to have a presence in social networks. But it's so distracting to the point your spending more time there than at the easel. There is so much wonderful art out there to see it becomes an addiction. I'm not and never will be a prolific artist, so I have to get to a point where three quarters of my time is spent creating and the other quarter networking. It's not going to be easy but it has to be done. So if I'm not on Facebook as often as in the past you'll know why, I'm working on something new to share. Started this wee doodle on Tuesday in desperation to have something on paper. Worked some more this evening and I already feel much better in myself.
Thanks for looking in and listening to my moans and groans....smile!

www.elizabethmccrindle.com

4 comments:

Gail H. Ragsdale said...

I can relate. Had to limit my time on facebook as it is so addicting and time just flies away!

Elizabeth McCrindle said...

It does Gail there are so many interesting people creating wonderful work and I find myself getting caught up in what they are doing and neglecting what I SHOULD be doing.

Karen M Schmidt said...

Exact same thing was happening to me! I found my solution: I allow myself to browse the internet to my heart's content on Saturday afternoon and evening, starting around 4:00. Knowing this, it's easier for me to avoid it at other times, when I should be painting! :)

Elizabeth McCrindle said...

That sounds a good idea Karen. I've started writing down things I want to do on the computer i.e. social networking, emails e.t.c and catching up with them in the evening. I don't paint so much in the evening now eyesight isn't what it used to be....age lol