Saturday, 3 May 2014

"Gypsy Foal" Oils 8" x 8"

 
"Gypsy Foal"
No 1 Head's up series
8" x 8"
£250-

Finished the wee study of the gypsy foal and although there is always room for improvement I'm quite pleased with it. I especially enjoyed doing the wonderful curls on her baby mane. This one will also be No. 1 in the new "Heads Up Series" I've been thinking of starting. There will be no fixed rules too subject, size or medium but as the name suggest all will be studies of head (or part off) and shoulders. Horses, dogs, cows and maybe even people.....smile! No set time for them either, just when the notion takes me.
Managed to make a start yesterday on the weeding and boy do I feel the aches and pains today....old age doesn't come easy.....smile! But, it feels worth it when I look out and see the nice weed free area against the jungle still to be tamed. But, this afternnon I'll have my feet up watching the first of our Classics, the 2,000 Guineas from Newmarket. Across the Pond some of my artist friends are eagerly awaiting the start of the Kentucky Derby. Hope it's a good one and especially safe one for all horses and jockey's, enjoy.......

No comments: