Sunday, 20 July 2014

Let's go there.....


My first attempt at a landscape in oils in what must be twenty years. In fact it probably is my first proper attempt at a landscape in oils ever. Twenty or so years ago my landscapes would be horses in a suggested background....with emphasis on suggested. I have much to learn but a basis on which to work on. And, let's face it with painting everyday is a learning curve.
The title as usual came for this one as I was painting it, though there have been times when the title has preceded the painting. This one when and if it get's finished will be called "Let's Go There". When my brother and I were young and Dad was on his two weeks holiday from work, the four of us used to get bundled into the car for day trips. Scotland being Scotland the weather wasn't always on or side. Like the painting it could be a little overcast and Dad would point to the bright spot on the horizon and say "Let's Go There!" and we would all laugh....smile!
Thanks as always for popping in and hope that some point there will have been a bright spot in your day...smile!

4 comments:

Gail H. Ragsdale said...

Love the colors!

Elizabeth McCrindle said...

Thanks Gail :)

Victor Errington said...

Very nice painting Elizabeth. Beautiful colours. All the best.
Vi c.

Elizabeth McCrindle said...

Many thanks Vic :)