Sunday, 27 July 2014

"The Chase" Acrylic 8" x 8"

 
"The Chase"
Acrylic 8" x 8"
£250
 
While watching some of the exciting sport from Glasgow's Commonwealth Game, I was struck by  the dedication and commitment needed to compete at this level. It made me think about how lapsed I've been in my dedication to my art. Just like the Commomwealth athletes and everyone else who has a gift, music, dance, writing, the gift isn't enough. It has to be nurtured, pushed for it to become the best you can be. I struggled with this wee seascape today, it's been pushed, wiped off, shouted at and there's a chance the next time I look at it consigned to the sin bin. I need to push myself harder at becoming more commited to my gift....use it or lose it is the battlecry...smile! 

4 comments:

Gail H. Ragsdale said...

No to the sin bin! This is gorgeous!

Elizabeth McCrindle said...

It's survived the sin bin for now Gail lol

Sarah Benfield said...

You are one of the finest artists I see...I always want to meet you as I live not so far away

Elizabeth McCrindle said...

Thanks Sarah kind of you to say :)