Sunday, 31 August 2014

Almost September...





Yesterday I was bemoaning the chilly mornings and cold evenings, or was it the other way around? So I was surprised to step out this morning on my walk and find it really quite warm...not that I'm complaining or were the dogs. Being Sunday we walked a little further than normal as Sunday tends to be a lazy day i.e we don't do anything that remotely resembles work. Mind you I think someone must have started a cycle club with the number of cyclists we met. Buddy and Lilly not overly fond of cyclists showed their disdain to each and everyone of them. The cyclists unaware of the danger they were in waved cheery hello's our way as they passed.....one day the hounds of hell shall break free....smile!
 
"By all these lovely tokens
September days are here,
With summer’s best of weather
And autumn’s best of cheer."
Helen Hunt Jackson



2 comments:

Gail H. Ragsdale said...

Lovely photos, so similar in many ways to what you see here. Think round bales look so lovely in the fields.

Cyclists are rampart here also, mostly because we are rural back roads. Quite annoying when you come over a rise and see a herd of them in front of you spread out on the entire road. Quite difficult to get them to move!

Elizabeth McCrindle said...

Thanks Gail, yes the bales do look good in the fields but I have to say I wasn't overly fond of them to work with when I had the horses. Much easier to stack what I called the square bales...smile!
Cyclists on the country walk are a bane of contention too me. One or two of them are mannerly and will call out or ring their bell to let you know they are coming. Others sweep past at a fair rate with no warning at all...assholes!