Wednesday, 8 October 2014

"Last Sail of the Day" Acrylic 6" x 6"

 
"Last Sail of the Day"
Acrylic 6" x 6"
Sold

Really was a huge relief to get this wee gem done and dusted this morning. I am not joking when I say I thought my goose had been cooked and I what little talent I had at the easel had evaporated. I won't dwell on the trials and tribulations of the last few years. We all have them and it's best to keep things on here light and airy, focused on art. That said we artist's are perhaps a little more sensitive by nature and it can creep into our work. I am at my happiest when something I'm working on goes right, so I guess I'll just have to keep getting it right.
Also managed to get into the garden this afternoon for a little while. Really got stuck into the Rowans at the top of the garden. Two down and one to go then it's the turn of the cherry blossom tree.
Thanks for popping in and thanks for listening to my rants and woes...smile!

4 comments:

Gail H. Ragsdale said...

Rant away. I'm just spitting bullets as I lack the time to paint. Have two commissions to do before the holidays and am spinning my wheels doing mundane things :(

Elizabeth McCrindle said...

Just sometimess the load feels heavier than the shoulders can hold....

Smita said...

that's a beautiful painting.

Elizabeth McCrindle said...

Thank you Smita for the lovely comment :)