Saturday, 6 December 2014

"Cold Tracks" Acrylic 8" x 8"

 
"Cold Tracks"
Acrylic 8" x 8"
 
A cold wet day outside but it makes for a cosy day inside at the easel. Think I must be getting into the spirit of Christmas as I've had a hankering to do some winter scenes i.e. frost or snow landscapes. Just warning you all, it might get to the point where warmer clothes might be needed with the chill from the screen. This is from photos I took just before the bridge on Southook Road couple of years back. It's a barley field, empty off course but the flurry of snow is lying in the ruts made by the tractors. The line of trees is the country path I walk with my dogs and leads to Springside. Just looking at it reminds me of how cold it was that day, there was  a sharp breeze coming across that open space BRRrrrr.
Thanks as always for looking in....wrap up warm where ever you are....smile!

2 comments:

Gail H. Ragsdale said...

Love this! You have captured the essence of winter.

Elizabeth McCrindle said...

Thanks Gail, I was relly pleased with how it turned out :)