Monday, 5 January 2015

A Moo in progress....


 
 
Back to work today all bright eyed and bushy tailed. Mind you I haven't really accomplished very much and felt a wee bit rusty. That said what I did get done I enjoyed immensely been quite  a while since I've attempted a moo. Started off by just sketching it straight onto a piece of 6" x 6" mdf. Then I washed over the whole drawing with acrylic cadmium red to give a base that will show through. Once dry I started in oils, palette contains Titanium White, Ultra Blue, Paynes Grey, Burnt Umber, Burnt Sienna, Raw Sienna, Yellow Ochre, Red Cadmium, Naples Yellow....
Thanks for looking...smile!

www.elizabethmccrindle.com

6 comments:

Gail H. Ragsdale said...

I love your Moos and really enjoy seeing how you start a painting!

John Simlett said...

I've never used cad. red as a ground, I tend to use burnt sienna. I might try the cad. red and see how it works out

I've not painted animals either, but as I've only painted 44 paintings in my life that's not surprising.

Look forward to the finished Moo!

L. D. said...

That under color really does enrich the final surface. I have seen it done by some but have never tried it myself. Your results are great.

Elizabeth McCrindle said...

Enjoying painting them again Gail been a wee while :)

Elizabeth McCrindle said...

A little experiment John we shall see how it pans out....be sure to let me know when your trying it out :)

Elizabeth McCrindle said...

Yep it really sings out doesn't it Larry....happy with the effect so far :)