Thursday, 4 June 2015

Need to do better...


Not a particularly good effort this afternoon. Normally when things aren't going too well, my fail safe thing is to do a horse. Made a few errors with this, so that didn't bode to well at the start. First should have centred it better when I sketched it, and secondly should have worked in oils. The linen was primed for oils and the acrylics I was using didn't sit on it well. I guess I should be happy that I got something done at all, but, that's not how I tick. I think somewhere along the road something has changed and painting has become more of a chore than a passion. Now I just have to find a way to turn that back around!
(Thanks to Rosalyn Serex of Solaris Sport Horses for allowing me to use her photos)

www.elizabethmccrindle.com

2 comments:

Linda Shantz said...

You and me both...if it wasn't for a couple of commissions (and, you know, a painted horse statue) I wouldn't be painting at all right now. How do we make it fun again?

Elizabeth McCrindle said...

Not sure I know the answer to that one Linda. I'd have bottled it and sold it instead of art :)I think for me I just need some quiet time to paint without social media looking over my shoulder. I enjoy my blog as it feels like a wee get together of like minded friends. The rest is a rowdy party where you don't really know anyone and everyone is talking at the same time and it makes your ears bleed...SIGH!