Wednesday, 29 July 2015

A Week to go till the start of the 365 project...


New Daler Rowney sketch books arrived yesterday in super fast time from Jackson's Art Supplies. One hundred and fifty pristine white pages to help send fear and doubt into the heart of the artist. Just what is it about a blank white page, canvas or board that can be so daunting, smile! Busy cutting and priming various sizes of mdf and searching through reference photos for subjects to paint or draw. In other words getting as much done that can be done before the 5th August. Feeling more than a little nervous, with a smattering of self doubt but, also looking forward to just pushing painting around, and drawing. I just want to regain the joy of art in my heart again.....ok off now to do another coat of gesso!!


4 comments:

L. D. said...

I am going to keep track of this endeavor. I think throw that fear away and start doing your thing. A project like this is not up for judgement but is up for growth in creativity and skill. Explore and expand to areas that you have never been before.

Elizabeth McCrindle said...

Thanks for the encouragement Larry certainly going to give it my best shot :)

Mary Sheehan Winn said...

I feel the same way about the blank page of a sketchbook, as I have high expectations that each page will be a wonder.

It's certainly more about growth.
I look forward to following you.

When I teach I say, "bring your sense of humor and leave your inner critic at home!"

:D

Elizabeth McCrindle said...

That's good advice Mary a sense of humour is something I do have. My Dad always used to tell me "it was better to laugh than cry" :D