Tuesday, 7 July 2015

Happy painting...

 
(Wee doodle of Samson the Rook that visits the garden every day....first bird art I've ever done!)
 
Sat for ages looking at this blank page on my blog wondering how to start it. It seems ages since I wrote a blog. Oh I know I've posted photos and quotes but there has been precious little art, and let's face it, that's actually what it says on the tin. Can't say I've actually been sitting twiddling my thumbs either. Trying to keep the house tidy, tending the garden and caring for my brother whose health has deteriorated markedly in the last few months. All of these not only eat into your time but they also affect your own energy levels and personality. In a nutshell, I feel as though I've been run over by a bulldozer. How to make it better, honestly, I don't know? The only thing I can think off is to go back to the beginning. Back to when I left my job at BMK/Stoddards design and became a full time artist. Oh I know the world has changed very much since then but I need to find that freedom again. That excitement of starting the day, about to start or finish the best peice of art you've ever created. That means I won't be blogging every day. And, social media which can at times be valuable for publicity, will have to take a bit of a back seat (I will share posts from here though).
So, here's to happy painting....
 
 

4 comments:

Gail H. Ragsdale said...

Love Samson! And I totally understand the feeling of being run over by a bus. I have cut back facebook and my life seems much better.

Linda Shantz said...

If I had the answers, I'd share! Love the bird though, so seems like a good start! (Now do I have to prove I'm not a robot again?? ;-) ).

Elizabeth McCrindle said...

Actually felt good Gail doing the wee doodle of Samson, so I guess the thing is to keep that feel good thing going :) Facebook, Twitter Google e.t.c are here to stay and in some ways they help, I know they drive an audience to my blog, so I guess that's something. But, it can get on out off control time wise. I've only ever just shared links to twitter and Google+, so I'll have a try at doing the same with FB and see how it works. Main priority though is to create new work :)

Elizabeth McCrindle said...

I'm so glad Linda that in true Dr Who fashion you have become human again LOL. Maybe if we had all of the answers life would get to boring and stale. I guess the powers that be just want us to keep striving for them :)