Wednesday, 5 August 2015

1 - "Snow Sky" pencil drawing 5" x 8" approx.

 
"Snow Sky" in the paddock before winning the Hardwicke Stakes at Ascot
Pencil drawing  approx. 5" x 8"
£100-
 
Well the big day has arrived and it seemed only right and proper that my first piece of  artwork should be a horse, and in pencil. As a youngster my teachers despaired of me for drawing horses on the covers of all my school books. And, my Mum wasn't overjoyed about the horses that galloped along the wall in the hall either. I wonder if prehistoric men had the same critics :)
I must give thanks to my facebook friend and lover of fine thoroughbreds, Michael Smithson, for allowing me to use his wonderful photos of the handsome Snow Sky to launch my 365 project. I have to say I had forgotten how labour instensive a drawing could be or perhaps I'm just slow.
Thanks for taking the time to look, I'll be back tomorrow...
 


6 comments:

Gail H. Ragsdale said...

Wonderful! You always capture the soul of the horse with those wonderful eyes.

Elizabeth McCrindle said...

Thanks Gail I love horses eye's and wanted to start day one with a lovely eye :)

Jennifer Rose Phillip said...

great start to your project :D gorgeous horse!
looking forward to what you do next :) (wont see until after hospital visit, so looking forward to nice art :) )

Elizabeth McCrindle said...

Thanks Jennifer glad you liked it. Hope all goes well on your hospital visit :)

Mary Sheehan Winn said...

I was the same with the horse drawings from the time I was just a little girl.

I love to draw but I shy away from the labor and just jump into paint ;)

This is a beautiful drawing.

Elizabeth McCrindle said...

Same here Mary I rarely draw these days but thought it might just give me another bow to play with on my daily plod. Found it quite soothing :)