Sunday, 9 August 2015

5 - Bombed and then doodled....

 
wip pencil drawing my wee boy
 
Well totally bombed out today which made the shoulders droop a bit as it's just day 5. At the fourth wipe out of the painting I was trying to achieve I downed tools and had a wee sulk. But, the object of this project is not about completing a painting, drawing in a day. I started this to encourage me to paint again, to put art back in my heart. To make art every day, to get back to a stage where it's the first thing I'm thinking of when I wake. So watched tv for a bit and then lifted my sketch book and started doodling my favourite wee boy. Not a lot done but better than nothing at all...smile!

4 comments:

Jennifer Rose Phillip said...

don't be too hard on yourself, there will be days where you are not able to paint and all you create is a drawing :) if you put too much pressure on yourself, it will become overpowering and the project will just end up with you frustrated

Elizabeth McCrindle said...

I will certainly try not to as I said the object of the project was to create something every day for 365 days. Right now the first thing I think of when I wake is what I'm going to be working on. That hasn't happened for a very long time :)

Jennifer Rose Phillip said...

thats good that you are feeling that creative again :)

Elizabeth McCrindle said...

Long may it continue :D