Sunday, 2 August 2015

For those who don't know....


One from the archives "Baby Face"- pencil - sold

For those who don't already know I'll be starting a wee project on my blog on Wednesday 5th. I feel I really need to get back to grips with my art, it has taken a backseat to all the other stuff in my life for too long. I haven't reached the stage of throwing in the towel but it's come close. Encouraged by post I read on Kathrine Tyrrell's blog Making a Mark I've decided to try something along the same lines of artist Bryan Eccleshall. In 2013 he completed 365 drawings and wrote a post giving advice on how to do it. So this coming Wednesday I'll start my own 365 challenge. My challenge is to post new art on my blog every day for the next 365 days. Could be a drawing, a painting, a rough sketch or maybe a teaser of something larger I'm working on in the studio. I'm more excited than I have been in a long time and eager to get started. Look back in on Wednesday evening and don't be afraid to give your comment on what you think of day one.
Thanks for looking...


6 comments:

Gail H. Ragsdale said...

Wish I had the time to do this. Trying to work through drug induced shakes. The drug works great for the Lupus, unfortunately I can't do detailed work as my hand shakes and twitches. Doctor is looking into it for me. :(

I will be watching for your posts!!!

Elizabeth McCrindle said...

Hi Gail, time is something I haven't got a whole lot of either but I'm hoping by managing it a bit more and getting into some sort of rythmn I'll get it to work. When I think back to when I worked full time and had the horses and painted more than I do now, it's got to work...RIGHT! :)
Sorry the medication is giving you trouble and hope the doc can come up with something better, good excuse to try a looser or more abstract style :)

Mary Sheehan Winn said...

I'm inspired by your commitment and look forward to your 365 project .

Sorry for your loss :(

Elizabeth McCrindle said...

Thanks Mary it seemed like a good idea at the time ha ha, no I am looking forward to it very much...

No loss as such Mary, just the passing of time!

Jennifer Rose Phillip said...

Good luck with your project :) If it wasn't for Uni, I would love to do the same thing :)

Elizabeth McCrindle said...

Thanks Jennifer, hope you'll pop in from time to time to see if I'm managing to keep up :)