Wednesday, 7 October 2015

"It's yer Aunty"....


Been a while since my last post but as I'm sure those who follow regularly will have guessed my Aunt's illness has kept me from writing. Sadly I lost my lovely Aunty Jenny on the early hours of Monday morning (5th October). I'm not sure how I feel at the moment, loss, hurt, pain at the loss of someone close. Relief at the awful pain she suffered uncomplainingly was over and she was at peace. At a loss to find the words of comfort for my Uncle struggling to come to terms with losing the woman he has loved for nearly sixty years.
I'll miss our visits, the laughs we shared about daft silly things that no one else would think was funny. I'll miss her voice, coming home to a  message on the answer machine, "It's yer Aunty, phone me back hen".

4 comments:

Gail H. Ragsdale said...

I'm so sorry Elizabeth. No matter one's age or expected passing, it still is a difficult, emotional time for those who are left. You are in my thoughts.
Gail

Elizabeth McCrindle said...

Thanks so much for your lovely thoughts Gail,they really are very much appreciated.

Linda Shantz said...

I'm so sorry, Elizabeth. Hugs.

Elizabeth McCrindle said...

Thanks for the words and the hugs Linda.