Saturday, 19 December 2015

Merry Christmas and a Happy 2016


Hard to believe that Christmas is almost upon as once again. The unusually mild weather doesn't help off course but I also think as you get older the days seem to come quicker. This year hasn't been an especially good one. First, I lost my lovely neighbour and friend Helen at the start of the year and then towards the end of the year my dear Aunt Jenny, both to cancer. Both beautiful people with so much love and giving in their hearts it seems such an injustice in such a ever growing hateful world. Brother Steven's health issues are also an ongoing concern but we shall just have to take each day as it comes. My art as always is a comforter, where I can thankfully disappear for a few hours, even if the piece I work on ends on the too throw out pile. I decided early on in the year to take a break over the Christmas period. To wind down, eat all the wrong things, partake of a few Bailey's and catch up on the pile of magazines and books I don't seem to find time to read. So, this will most likely be my last blog until 2016. I wish you all the love and joy that Christmas can bring and the hope that 2016 will be a more caring and prosperous one. Xxxx

8 comments:

Marilyn Nicolson said...

Have a very happy Christmas, and a peaceful healthy new year. Looking forward to renewing my visits to your wonderful website in 2016
Marilyn x

Gail H. Ragsdale said...

A Merry Christmas & Happy 2016 to you to! Let's hope 2016 is better for the both of us is all areas. I'll be thinking of you on Monday when I light my Solstice candles.
Gail x

Linda Shantz said...

Hugs, Elizabeth! Merry Christmas and here's to a happier New Year. Enjoy your break, it sounds blissful!

Elizabeth McCrindle said...

Wishing the same for you and yours Marilyn I'll be thinking of you on Boxing Day shouting Cue Card and Paddy home in the King George x

Elizabeth McCrindle said...

Thank you Gail and I'll be thinking of you on Monday too. A happy new year when it comes x

Elizabeth McCrindle said...

Thanks Linda I hope you have a great time over Christmas (though I know with horses it never quite works in your favour) and the New Year brings more answers than questions :)

Jennifer Rose Phillip said...

merry Christmas and Happy New Year and hope the coming year is better for you :)

Elizabeth McCrindle said...

Thank you Jennifer a New Year is as good as a new canvas :)