Thursday, 14 January 2016

A daily attempt...


"In every gardener there is a child who believes in the Seed Fairy" ~ Robert Brault

I seem to be very much out of shorts this weather and totally unable to concentrate on anything for any length of time. Not good news when there are deadlines to be made, perhaps it's the January Blues. Could be the strange weather or anything else I might dream up if I could be bothered to set my mind to it. The news today of the loss of that wonderful actor Alan Rickman, so quickly following the death of another great legend David Bowie has left me and I'm sure many others wondering about their own mortality. Neither of them were at 69 what you would call old. In the grand scheme of things their mark on the world will leave a larger ding than anything I will ever aspire too. But, it has made me think of what I could achieve. While remembering that every time I've tried to do anything on my blog that involved a daily feat has failed, usually miserably, I once again shall attempt to post daily. Most likely a photo such as the one above from the thousands I'm trying to reorganize from the images recovered from my hard drive when my old laptop died. When your really lucky I'll have a painting, sketch or drawing to show, but, I hope you'll enjoy the photos as well.
Thanks for looking in...

www.elizabethmccrindle.com
emcrindleart@hotmail.co.uk

6 comments:

jane said...

best of luck :)

Elizabeth McCrindle said...

Many thanks for your kind comment Jane :)

Gail H. Ragsdale said...

David Bowie and Alan Rickman's death really hit hard. Besides being two individuals I loved, they were so close to my own age. For the last couple of years I have heard the sounds of mortality thundering behind me. You always think you have time. The reality is that you don't.

Elizabeth McCrindle said...

Doesn't take much these days to make me feel melancholy and the death of people not so much older than you hit's hard and makes you think. Add to that the past thirteen years has been in a caring capacity and although I wouldn't have it any other way there are times when I feel robbed of that time. People try to be kind and will say "it won't be forever" but what if forever hunt's me down first :o(

Gail H. Ragsdale said...

I understand totally. You are in my thoughts.

Elizabeth McCrindle said...

Xx