Monday, 8 February 2016

There's A Horse On My Easel


"Gayle"
Oil on Paper

Well if you've been following my blog for a while, or in fact even a short time, then I'm sure you'll have realised by now that I have a passion for horses. I've been creating horse art since I could hold a pencil. Admittedly in the beginning you might have been hard pressed to know my horses from my dogs or coos. Over the years I've improved a bit, but strangely when I started painting full time horse's started to get replaced by landscapes and seascapes e.t.c. I guess mainly that was because that was what the galleries wanted. Then in 2002 when my Dad died things changed. In fact life as I had known it changed completely. Caring for my Mum and my brother chipped away at my art until I was hardly painting at all. In the last few years that has started to change and I've been enjoying painting again and having a few sales here and there. While I do love painting landscapes and seascapes and attempting new subjects and will continue with that. I have a real hankering to paint horses again, I miss my flesh and blood horses and painting them is the next best thing. Over the last few days I've been working at starting a new Page on Facebook. It's not to replace the one I already have it will continue as usual. This is solely for horses and I've called it There's A Horse On My Easel www.facebook.com/TheresaHorseonmyEasel have a wee peek if you get the chance. Well time to hit the pillow as this blasted rain continues to rattled against the window, when will it stop?
Thanks for looking in...smile!

www.elizabethmccrindle.com
emccrindleart@hotmail.co.uk

6 comments:

Linda Shantz said...

Why do we paint horses? I think if someone asks that, they'll never understand. :-) Happy to see the horse on your easel. Looking forward to many more! :-)

Elizabeth McCrindle said...

Thanks Linda, yep I guess you have to do it to know :)

Jennifer Rose Phillip said...

I've been thinking I need to draw a horse again soon. My old drawings were the same, I thought it was a horse, but in reality it probably looked more like a movie monster :p

glad you got back to painting them :)

Elizabeth McCrindle said...

They do say you should always paint what's in your heart. Not always easy when there's bills to pay and food to put on the table. Mind you being an artist means theirs not much chance of that anyway...

Studio at the Farm said...

I don't think anyone can explain that LOVE of horses. As far as I can tell, I was born with it. And I am happy to see you getting back to your love.
Kathryn

Elizabeth McCrindle said...

Same here Kathryn I was a total mystery to my parents :D