Tuesday, 2 February 2016

Work in progress ~ "Gleneagles study" in pencil


Didn't get much sleep last night as 'Henry' did his best to rattle every bit of the house. It always seems as if every tile is being ripped of the roof but, in the morning light everything seems ok. Apart from the side gate which had already lost one post and was waiting to be repaired. The post actually holding the gate up has split and it too will need repaired. Fingers crossed it will all hold together until my fence man can come.
This is one of the many studies I'm always planning to do but never seem to get around to but thought I would have a wee doodle. It's the gorgeous Gleneagles cooling down after his 2000 Guineas win. Such a lovely boy, I wish he had been able to take more chances to prove just how good he was. Many thanks to Michael R Smithson for allowing me to use his photo for reference. It's not a large study as I'm using my small sketch pad which is only about 8" x 6"  so easy to manage.
Still windy today but not as bad as yesterday so here's hoping for a better sleep. Thanks for looking in...smile!

www.elizabethmccrindle.com
emccrindleart@hotmail.co.uk

6 comments:

Jennifer Rose Phillip said...

really nice study :)

the wind last night was horrible, really surprised the trees are still standing

L. D. said...

It is a marvelous study. The horse seems to be revealing itself right in front of our eyes.

Elizabeth McCrindle said...

Thanks Jennifer. Yes it really was quite a storm, we had a huge clap of thunder, I honestly thought there had been an explosion. Here's hoping that will be the last big one and we can slip quietly into Spring :)

Elizabeth McCrindle said...

Thanks Larry, you couldn't have put how I felt while I was drawing and each stroke revealed I little piece more :)

Studio at the Farm said...

Exquisite study, Elizabeth! And I loved seeing the Munnings a few days ago.
Kathryn

Elizabeth McCrindle said...

Thanks Kathryn I'm really enjoying being back working in pencil, felt very soothing. Glad you liked the Munnings I'm so in awe of how he worked.