Saturday, 12 March 2016

Work in progress of a coastal scene...




Worked on this morning with the coastal painting I roughed in last night. This is the part where a work in progress can go horribly wrong and your left with egg on your face. Fortunately that didn't happen it. The morning's effort wasn't far off what I was looking for  so, rather than do my usual straight in with both feet and lose the plot I left it for a little while. Just in time to watch the afternoon racing (now there's a coincidence). I put a lighter wash over Arran to push it back a little and then started on the foreground. Really happy that I managed to retain that early morning light. Now going to leave it for a bit, might work a bit more on the foreground rocks. Was tempted to put in a couple of yachts but decided against it.
Hope you had a fun day whatever you were up to.

www.elizabethmccrindle.com

2 comments:

Jennifer Rose Phillip said...

lovely work :) and nice to see the different stages

Elizabeth McCrindle said...

Thanks Jennifer, relieved it work out as well as it did. Normally works in progress get jinked :)