Sunday, 3 April 2016

Facelift - "Buttercups, Daisies and Moo" Acrylic 10" x 12"


"Buttercups, Daisies and Moo"
Acrylic 10" x 12"


At the beginning of March while having a tidy in the studio (moving one pile of treasure across to join another pile) I found this sleepy guy above. I really intended just to gesso over him and start something else but I started to footer about with the greens, liked what I saw and put it aside for a rainy day. Well as would have it this morning was that rainy day, for once I was glad of some rain. A  wee tweak here and there adding more blue and red to the green, Putting stronger shadows on the wee moo and a smattering of buttercups and daisies and voila a much better painting me thinks...

www.elizabethmccrindle.com

2 comments:

Albert Decker said...

More space and feeling of life in the final version. Nice save.

Elizabeth McCrindle said...

Thanks Albert was pleased with how it turned out :)