Wednesday, 27 April 2016

Slowing down...





Been pretty strange weather wise, sunny between the hail, snow and rain. Definately not ideal weather for cutting the grass for the first time this year. Yesterday I wasn't even half way through when I got pelted and soaked with hail. Not to mention the fact the lawnmower and all the stuff I had out to assist me in my garden project. So it was with some trepidation that I stepped out once more to run the gauntlet between showers. Just managed finished before the showers started again. So that's the grass at the back had its first cut. Two new visitors to the garden today in the shape of the doves in the first two photos, aren't they pretty. And, I'm happy to report that the Rooks are making a habit of visiting. There are three of them and I think this one is the oldest of the three and very handsome. Buddy doesn't appreciate their visits as much as me and tends to hurtle himself at them at full pelt. I think they are starting to realise they have an advantage over him...wings...smile!
Back to the peace and quiet of my Blog for the foreseeable future. A lot going on at home at the moment and  Facebook is a bridge too far when I'm feeling like this. I know it's not the same but sharing my Blog is as good as it's going to get.
Need to paint more and I'm thinking of doing 100 studies like the one below along similar lines to Karin Jurick's 100 Hundred convicts, only with horses...smiles. Won't be a daily thing just a go with the flow. Anyways my eyes are starting to knit together, I need my beauty sleep. Thanks for looking!



4 comments:

Jennifer Rose Phillip said...

we've had more snow today then we had all winter, the weather is so odd at the moment, and my poor flowers :(

Elizabeth McCrindle said...

We had snow today as well and it's really cold, going round the house putting the heating back up a notch brrr.

Gail H. Ragsdale said...

86 degrees F. Wish the cooler weather would return. Got too hot too quick.

Elizabeth McCrindle said...

We could each do with a little of what the other has :)