Sunday, 8 May 2016

It just kept staring at me....




Almost a week since I sat the red horse in the corner. Started in water based oils it first left me with swollen lips and a tingling up and down my neck. I left it on the easel overnight saying to myself it wasn't worth causing health problems. Next day the eye followed me and I succumbed to another try. This time I wore a mask and thought I had cracked it but half an hour later my lips again started to tingle and swell. Enough is enough I said to myself I'll just concentrate on acrylics. But, even as I said it I sat the 6" x 6"against some other stuff to let it dry. That eye just kept me under it's spell and today I found myself feeling the board to see if it was dry. I reckoned as it was water based I should be able to finish it off in acrylics. Just couldn't bare to chuck away such a pretty eye. There was a slight tingle in my lips but the minute I washed my face it was gone, so fingers crossed I'll get to finish it. Still regret using the cad. red as it takes a lot to push it back. Some folk are never happy :)

4 comments:

Jennifer Rose Phillip said...

I wouldn't want to leave that eye alone either, it is very well done :)

I love the red :D even if it is a pain in the butt :p

Elizabeth McCrindle said...

Thanks Jennifer it's still sitting in the corner waiting to be finished :)

Albert Decker said...

So you're allergic? To all oils, or just the water based ones? I didn't know that happened.
Anyway, good eye.

Elizabeth McCrindle said...

I became allergic to oils and switched to water based ones to see if that would help and it did for a little while and then I started having a reaction with them. So for the time being I'll continue with acrylics. Thanks for the comment about the eye. Love painting eyes :)