Monday, 2 May 2016

Still trying...very trying!


Well I tried again this morning with this oil but didn't get far before I had to down tools once more. Tried wearing a mask and thought I had cracked it but although it wasn't as dramatic as yesterday when I started having pains in my neck, the tingling sensation started in my lips after about half an hour working. I'll put this one aside for a couple of days and have another try. Not actually sure that painting on Cad. Red Medium was a good choice either as it is very dominant. I was painting over the error of my ways with another painting I guess I should take note from the image below. I found it recently on Facebook and shall try to remember it every time something goes pear shaped...smile! 


8 comments:

Jennifer Rose Phillip said...

just stick to acrylics, every time you expose yourself to the oils, you just make any possible reaction worse :( its a pain in the butt, but obvs something even in the water based ones is setting your system off :(

Elizabeth McCrindle said...

Yep looks like I don't have much of a choice, but I do enjoy painting with acrylics :)

Gail H. Ragsdale said...

It's a shame you can't use the water soluble oils, but your health is more important. I do love the eye on the one you are working on, so expressive.

Elizabeth McCrindle said...

Yeah you wonder why these things suddenly happen, but I guess there are worse things that could happen. At least I can still paint, just have to make my acrylics lusher than before :)

Jennifer Rose Phillip said...

there are so many mediums now for acrylics, I prefer painting with them over oils (not that I can use oil paints anymore anyway, mess my lungs up)

Elizabeth McCrindle said...

I love working with acrylics it's like everything else trial and error. I was tearing my hair out when I started with them at first twenty years ago.

Linda Shantz said...

Oh no Elizabeth, so sorry the oils are causing you problems. Acrylics give me a headache, haha. Literally and figuratively. ;-) Have you tried oil sticks? I know friends who have had issues with the paint switch to sticks and be able to make them work.

Elizabeth McCrindle said...

No I haven't tried them Linda might give them a wee try so how they go :)