Wednesday, 22 June 2016

Almost a drawing....


"Those little nimble musicians of the air, that warble forth their curious ditties, with which nature hath furnished them to shame of art." ~ Izaak Walton

My intention was to stun you all with my amazing first pencil sketch of a sparrow, unfortunately my pencil and my hand weren't in tune this evening. Instead a photo of the very handsome daddy of the blackbird siblings frequenting my garden. He takes his daddy duties very seriously. You might notice his wing sits oddly. Has done so since the day the Sparrowhawk made a dive at one of the baby's. Daddy here slammed himself into the hawk. I really did think it would be curtains for him, but he's made of sterner stuff and the hawk backed off.

2 comments:

Jennifer Rose Phillip said...

very nice photo :) might have a small fracture in his wing but if he is flying around, should be fine

Elizabeth McCrindle said...

Doesn't seem to bother him. He and his parents have and still are brilliant parents. They put many human parents to shame.