Wednesday, 8 June 2016

Evening song...




Not been a particularly good day today. From the get go this morning I had one of those black moods that sweeps over you from nowhere. All the little things that have been niggling for a while all seem to gather momentum and like a rolling ball get's bigger. Basically I just got to feeling a little sorry for myself. But tonight just before I locked everything up and headed upstairs I went out with a cup of tea into the garden. I bought a new garden bench the other day and I sat on it with my cup of tea and a piece of bun. There in front of me almost sitting on my fence was the pale crescent of the Moon and then I became aware of the birds singing their evening songs before roosting. I can't say that all the niggling things have disappeared but the weight of the World doesn't sit quite so heavily on my shoulders as I type this now.
Thanks for dropping by...

www.elizabethmccrindle.com

4 comments:

Albert Decker said...

I like to think dark moods are, potentially at least, a good thing, for the sake of perspective if nothing else. Tea in the garden under the moon sounds exquisite. Nice shots, too.

Elizabeth McCrindle said...

I love sitting in the garden watching the light fade and listening to the nocturnal creatures rustle about...

Gail H. Ragsdale said...

I only sit outside in the Fall-Spring. Too many bugs in the summer plus the staggering humidity. I do sit in my sunroom and watch the world outside which is peaceful and does wonders for the soul.

Elizabeth McCrindle said...

That sounds just about perfect Gail :)