Saturday, 9 July 2016

Five years...


Went onto Facebook this morning and this beautiful girl was looking at me from the 'you have memories'. Was a different photo one when she was older, this was my Tara at just over two years old. Bought out of field in Perthshire, when she arrived my Dad asked if I had bought a Hereford calf instead of a foal. But boy did she make him eat his words for she blossomed and turned into something quite beautiful. Not only in looks but also in nature. Kind and gentle she just loved people and would follow you around the yard  as you did your chores. Five years ago on this day I lost my beautiful girl to an aneurysm. Barely a day passes that I'm not reminded of her or Rio or Dougal, over 27 years they were such a big part of my life. But Tara especially was my Rock. She and I comforted each other when Rio died and then shortly after that my Dad, 2002 was an awful year. She was my go to person when Mum's Alzheimer's started taking her further and further away, the place to escape too when I needed to scream. I'd be standing in yard in the dark looking down at the lights and she would come up behind and put her head over my shoulder doing what could only be her way of giving a cuddle. I took comfort that before she lay down for the last time, her head went up and she gazed down the field that way only horses do, when they see something that you can't. And then she neighed and I'm sure it was Rio and Dougal, there to take her on her journey. Oh yes I miss her :(

4 comments:

Gail H. Ragsdale said...

My heart breaks for you. I know what you are feeling, I cry over my girls all gone. (((HUGS)))

Elizabeth McCrindle said...

Thanks Gail xx

Linda Shantz said...

Hugs Elizabeth. I don't think we ever stop missing them.

Elizabeth McCrindle said...

No Linda I remember all horses and dogs that have been part of my life, as if they were still here.