Sunday, 3 July 2016

"Round Bales on the Hill" Acrylic 8" x 8"


"Round Bales on the Hill"
Acrylic 8" x 8"

I really have been in the painting doldrums lately, so it's with some relief that I finally have a finished and signed painting off the easel. I won't bore you with details, those who follow my blog know that I'm a full time carer to my brother. Over the last few years it has got a bit more stressful and that in turn has had an effect on my art. At times I feel I'm taking five steps back with my painting to one step forward. And I've even in some dark moments contemplated giving it up all together. But, what else would or could I do. So time to straighten the slightly creaky back, paint on my best smilely face and devise a plan of action.
Thanks as always for looking in...

www.elizabethmccrindle.com

6 comments:

Gail H. Ragsdale said...

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this!

My thoughts are with you in regard to your brother. I know it can be difficult caring for someone full time. Hope things smooth out for you.

Elizabeth McCrindle said...

Thanks Gail x

Jennifer Rose Phillip said...

Glad you finished a painting, and this one is a lovely one to possibly not have finished.

being a carer (or being the one cared for), can be very stressful but it might have been worse if you gave up painting.

L. D. said...

We had my wife's dad live with us for seven years. It took a toll on everything. We would never not do it but it is a way of life that is beyond stressful. My wife couldn't get an hour in to herself many times. Keep up the work that you can and you not ever going to lose that talent.

Elizabeth McCrindle said...

Thanks for the lovely comment Jennifer :)

Elizabeth McCrindle said...

Thanks Larry, Steven is older than me so I've helped care for him since I was young but it's not as easy when you get older and it's you that has to do everything. I manage just some days I like to have a wee grumble :)