Saturday, 17 September 2016

A special moment...


Beautiful Autumn light through the turning trees


Willowherb turning to rust and sending forth it's seeds


Most beautiful Roe Deer neck high in the wheat


Brambles ripening in the Autumn sun


Rosehips






The horses already sporting their jim jams for the cooler nights and early mornings.

Took myself, the dogs and the camera along the country path this morning. It's seems such a long time since we've done this, but, as soon as my foot stepped onto the track leading to the path my shoulders felt lighter than they have for some time. The smells and colours of Autumn seeped through me and the joy of two happy pooches dancing ahead of me was the best spirit lifter ever. I felt welcomed like an old friend, the birds were singing though hiding in the still dense but rapidly changing undergrowth and trees. The willowherb was sending forth it's many seeds on the light breeze like dancing insects. And then, standing on the bridge looking down into the water for the wild ducks that sometimes gather, I looked across the wheat field. There she was the best welcome back ever. Quite some distance away but as I zoomed in as far as I could with my camera, looking back at me the most beautiful roe deer ever. So mesmerized was I, that I almost forgot to press the button. None of the photos are particularly good or in proper focus but they are precious to me. Normally they take flight, but she moved or rather glided through the wheat as I held my breath and then she was gone. A special moment...smile!

www.elizabethmccrindle.com

No comments: