Monday, 5 September 2016

Listen to your instincts...

Today you should have been looking at the start of a cat. But, things rarely seem to go to plan these days. I had decided I wanted to go with ungessod MDF as I liked the idea of some of it showing through. First couple of drawings just weren't right, then third time lucky was as perfect (or purrfect) as I was going to get it. Was all set to start with a rough placement of the tabby cats markings and I made the mistake of leaning back. My brain starting sending messages all was not well, not a good sign. The minute I said out loud, "the cat should be a bit further up" the deal was all but sealed. There was an argy bargy with the devil on my left shoulder saying go on and the angel on my left saying no rub it out and start again. The angel doesn't always win but she did today I knew in my heart of hearts it needed more space below it. Frustrating with nothing accomplished but I start again tomorrow with fresh eyes.
Here's one from a time when everything went like clockwork...


"Bright Eyes"
Oils  6" x 7"

4 comments:

Jennifer Rose Phillip said...

sometimes our brains are our worst enemies, but at least you noticed before you got anymore work done on the cat.
i was supposed to work on a coloured pencil tiger today, but my brain didn't want anything to do with it, so back to digital stuff :p (I really need to get that tiger done tho lol)

John Simlett said...

Absolutely stunning, Elizabeth. I really love it ... it jumped out of my side-bar this morning!

Elizabeth McCrindle said...

Hope you had a Tiger day today :)

Elizabeth McCrindle said...

Thanks so much for your lovely comment John :)