Tuesday, 6 September 2016

Pussycat started...



Well as you can see I've at last made some headway on the cat. I bit the bullet and rubbed out my drawing and replaced it a little further up the board. Thin washes of French Ultramarine and Burnt Sienna mapped out the tabby stripes on the cat that have also helped with anatomy. The reference is from photos I took about six years ago of a cat that wandered around my wee village. One morning while I was washing the breakfast dishes I looked up. There it was making use of some stretchers that were lying across the summer seat at the top of the garden. The sun always hits there first in the morning and this smart wee cat was catching himself some rays. Hopefully I'll manage to capture a balance of light and shade on him and the shrubs behind him. Have to say it was an enjoyable way to pass this afternoon.
Thanks for looking in...

www.elizabethmccrindle.com

6 comments:

Jennifer Rose Phillip said...

glad to see you started your cat :) looks good so far :)

Elizabeth McCrindle said...

Thanks Jennifer had a really great time getting lost in just painting :)

John Simlett said...

It's coming along nicely. Love the way they own us!

Elizabeth McCrindle said...

Thanks John can't lay claim to the cat John. I've got two dogs though who allow me to live with them lol

John Simlett said...

There's a notice in our local that states: "Dogs Welcome. Humans Tolerated."

Elizabeth McCrindle said...

Ha ha that's a good one :)