Sunday, 27 November 2016







After a week of heavy frost I woke to a much milder Sunday morning. The first morning I didn't have to put warm water on the the birdbath. Have to say, although cold I much prefer the frosty mornings which almost always brings a bit of sun with it. Today though milder had that damp feeling that sends wee shivers up and down your spine. Much as I wanted to get on with work in the studio I knew that I really had to go out and clear the last of the leaves from the cherry blossom tree. This year for the first I can remember she was the last clinging to her leaves like prized jewels. The frost put paid to them and only a rare few are still clinging on stubbornly. Although the studio beckoned I have to say being in the garden was probably just as productive. Much like when I used to get my best ideas while mucking out the horses, I also get ideas for paintings while working in the garden. Nowadays it's remembering them by the time I get back at the easel that's the problem, old age doesn't come it's self as they say.
Other good news is I have a couple of Rooks back in the garden. One looks a juvenile while the other seems older and less sleek. I really miss my beautiful Samson and hopefully these two will continue to come and visit and will perhaps strike up a mutual trust with me,  as Samson did, well I think it's time to put the kettle on. I do believe there are also some chocolate brownies to nibble, if I can just manage to open the lid without Buddy and Lilly hearing me lol.

2 comments:

Jennifer Rose Phillip said...

really nice photos :) hopefully the Rooks stay around, they are neat birds to have in the garden.

Elizabeth McCrindle said...

Thanks Jennifer glad you enjoyed them :)