Saturday, 17 December 2016

Merry Christmas


Looking at the calendar today I discovered that in just over two weeks we will be into a brand new year. With all the crazy stuff that's going on in the world at the moment it can't come quick enough. Though I guess in all honesty having 2017 on the date won't I expect make the doom and gloom disappear, but we can hope. I spent part of today looking for suitably snowy or festive photographs  to send you all my personal good wishes for Christmas and the New Year. I had actually intended a nice snowy one but then I noticed this wee guy. Next to Santa's red suit you can't get more Christmassy than a wee robin redbreast.
Christmas always seems better as a memory to me now, I have wonderful memories as a child when my Gran and Papa, Aunt and Uncle and cousins would come for Christmas dinner to our house and in the New Year we all converged at Gran and Papa's house in Crosshouse for New Year dinner. Steak pie with tatties and turnip. The steak pie was made up by the Co-op butcher in gran's ashet that  was left with him and picked up on New Year's Eve. All the grown up's sat around the table in the living room and we kids were set up in the kitchen. Good day's.
Now I'm more likely to catch up with the ever growing pile of books and magazines I've been buying and eat food that's too rich for my now sensitive digestive system but Hey Ho it's only twice a year...smile!
I hope you and yours have a wonderfully peaceful Christmas and New Year xx

4 comments:

Jennifer Rose Phillip said...

Hope you have a hood Christmas and New Year :)

John Simlett said...

Happy Christmas and Hogmanay, Elizabeth

John Simlett said...

How did I miss this?

A Very Happy Christmas and peaceful New Year to your and yours, Elizabeth

Elizabeth McCrindle said...

Thanks John and Jennifer for the lovely Christmas and New Year messages this is me just getting them. Think there was a problem with my Blog...