Sunday, 16 April 2017

It's Good to be Back...

The other day I was having a blank moment with a painting and I found myself thinking about my old blog. So I took a wee peek, that's a bit like opening a bag of Malteaser's and expecting only to eat two or three. As I scrolled through the pages I started to get a wee bit homesick for the good times I had spent here. A few days further on and here I am sitting at the screen typing, and it doesn't feel as if I've been away. Mind you it's not as if years have past it's only been three months. Quite a bit has changed, I find myself alone now trying to get back into my painting full time. My brother Steven that I was carer too passed away suddenly in January and I find myself with a newfound freedom that I'm still trying to come to terms with. Someday's are easier than others but now as the days are lengthening things are getting better. I'm back at the easel, someday's more confidently than others and it feels right to come back here where I've always enjoyed sharing my work.
There are a few pieces that those of you who aren't on facebook won't have seen, but there will be time later to share them. So for now I'll share the painting I was working on today. It's a work in progress of "A Whippet called Isla", it's in acrylics as I'm still having problems using oils.
So thanks for looking in, it's good to be back...smile!







4 comments:

Gail H. Ragsdale said...

Excellent painting! You certainly have a knack for dogs!

Jennifer Rose Phillip said...

Hi, welcome back :) the whippet is looking good, thanks for the progress shots :)
I'm sorry at your brother passing away.

Elizabeth McCrindle said...

Thanks Gail guess I've been painting them almost as long as horses, the two always seem to go together :)

Elizabeth McCrindle said...

Thanks for the welcome back Jennifer, feels good to be here. Thanks also for your kind thoughts about Steven xx