Friday, 21 April 2017

Still playing catch up..."Cloud's Over Ayrshire" Acrylic 12" x 12"


"Cloud's Over Ayrshire"
Acrylic 12" x 12"

Still playing catch up on the blog with work that hasn't been on here. Thoroughly enjoyed myself painting this one as I love painting cloud's. Thankfully living in Ayrshire I can get plenty of practice painting them as our countryside is pretty much rolling fields and big skies. This one is currently available through the Framework Gallery in Troon. So, give yourself a treat, a look through a lovely gallery (Buy one of my paintings ;) lol), a wander round the shops and then a stroll along one of the beaches, followed by some ice cream or maybe even a fish supper, sounds just perfect :)
This afternoon I'm going to try out some new acrylics one of my facebook friends (Renee Fukumoto) gave me the heads up about. You might remember that I suddenly started having an allergic reaction to oils, I miss using them desperately, especially when painting animals. These Atelier Acrylics are supposed to be the nearest thing to painting in oils, so I'll let you all know how they go.
Thanks for looking in...smile!


4 comments:

Gail H. Ragsdale said...

Love this one!

I had just sold a large selection of Atelier Acrylics . I liked them, but in my cutting back on everything they were sold. Still have a bunch to sell later on. I really love the water soluble oils and golden acrylics and decided they were the ones I was going to keep. Hope you like the Atelier, will be interested in your reaction to them.

Elizabeth McCrindle said...

Well it's early days Gail but I was quite impressed with them, they have a lovely flow and a nice buttery feel to them. So far so good :)

Jennifer Rose Phillip said...

the clouds are lovely :) once I get through the giant tub of paint I have, I will have to look into the Atelier Acrylics because oils are out for me too :/

Elizabeth McCrindle said...

Been using them the last couple of days Jennifer and so far so good :)